Keep raising the bar!
Push yourself to take that minute to:
- read your writing aloud before you send that email or turn in that paper
- think about it one more time before you ask for help
- ask for help before you give up
- Go over your assignment before you turn it in!
- check that you've answered each question
- check that you completed each part of the directions
- that you've capitalized first words of sentences and all PROPER NOUNS
All proper nouns are to be capitalized.
Unless the directions specifically state otherwise, answer questions using complete sentences.
All sentences are complete thoughts with correct capitalization and punctuation.
If it's homework, you have the opportunity to use your resources, so correct spelling is expected.
If it's an assessment or an in class assignment with limited time given to complete the assignment, misspellings ARE acceptable UNLESS the word appears somewhere within the assignment or it's one of the words that are the required list.
Correct spelling required list (even on tests) :
United States of America
Arctic (Ocean or Circle)